Hi...I'm Luna! Welcome to my blog.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hiking Adventure - Cedar Butte

Last Sunday I went on a hike with my Mom & Dad.  I love to hike.  I have my very own backpack where I carry my treats and water.  Once my pack is strapped on I'm ready to go and explore new trails!  We hiked the Cedar Butte trail in North Bend.  It looked a lot like the trails around my house, but it was fun to sniff out new territory!  I met a lot of new friends on the trail and everyone thought I was super cute in my backpack.  I think a lot of the dogs I met were jealous they didn't have one.  We are going to do a lot of hiking this summer, so I'll post each hike and rate them according to difficulty and dog friendliness.

Luna's Hike Rating System
Difficulty: 1 - 4 paws  (4 being most difficult)
Dog Friendliness: 1 - 4 tail wags (4 tail wags being most friendly)

Cedar Butte is a 3 mile round trip hike with a bit of a climb to the Butte through mossy woods.  We went about 9am on a Sunday and only ran into a few people on the way up, it was getting more crowded as we headed down.  See this link for more information regarding Cedar Butte: http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/cedar-butte  I had a ton of fun and it was the perfect distance for the first official hike of the season.

Cedar Butte Rating:
Difficulty: 2 paws up - short distance, but a bit of a climb to the Butte.
Dog Friendliness: 4 tail wags


Backpack on...check!

Heading down Iron Horse trail with Dad to get to the path
to Cedar Butte.

The start of the climb to the Butte.

Funky moss.

My new friend Tory.  We hiked together for quite a while.

Tory and her brother, Bo.

I stopped to smell the flowers.

Mom, Dad and me.  My backpack has a handle on it, so
I can be picked up like a purse.  It's handy when I reach
parts of the hike that are too mucky or I can't jump over.

Looking over at Rattlesnake Lake.  Getting close to
Cedar Butte!

The top of Cedar Butte. Looking across at Mt. Si
and Teneriffe.

More friends.  Munks and Boo.

Munks and I hoping for a little treat.

Me and Mom resting and taking in the views.

Zoe.  She's a rescue just like me!  We really hit
it off.  

She's checking out my backpack.

Me & Zoe.
I am already looking forward to our next hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment